Welcome to diydoggrooming.com. Are you tired of paying someone else for grooming your dog on a regular basis? Would you prefer to save yourself $$$ and learn dog grooming for yourself? If you have answered “yes” to these questions then you might like to check the information that diydoggrooming.com has to offer.
What is the Benefit in “Do It Yourself Dog Grooming”?
- Learning how to groom your dog yourself relieves you of any anxiety about how your dog might be handled at the salon;
- Dogs tend to be less stressed in a familiar environment, therefore if you master the skill of dog grooming the dog is likely to be a lot calmer being groomed by you and at home ;
- Learning how to groom a dog gives you the choice of being able to doing the grooming when it is convenient for you;
- No one will look after your dog better than you;
- As you regularly groom your dog you will be able to notice any lumps, bumps or cuts and abrasions which may otherwise go unnoticed;
- And, the most important benefit from diy dog grooming is that it will save a you a lot of money over the lifetime of your dog!
Dog Grooming, Dog Health and Dog Training Go Hand in Hand!
Check out these pages:-
- Training a puppy to enjoy being groomed in the beginning will not only help you build a better relationship between you and your dog but it will make grooming so much easier in the long run;
- Dog grooming helps to keep a dog’s coat shiny and healthy and plays an important role in the overall health of the dog;
- Dog grooming and clipping instructions – gives you information about how to groom and clip your dog plus all the tidying up such as trimming the face, feet and tail; how to trim dog nails; cleaning your dogs teeth; plus many more dog grooming tips.
- A part of dog grooming is cleaning your dogs ears – find out how this can help prevent dogs ear infections;
- Dog exercise, dog games and dog training can play an important role in the mental health of your dog and a dog who is well-groomed will feel much more lively and energetic.
What Pet Grooming Supplies Will I Need for Grooming a Dog?
Check out these pages:
- Dog grooming supplies – advice on what types of grooming equipment and supplies you will need;
- Set up your grooming area – how to set up an area for grooming, depending on the type of dog you have;
- Dog Clippers – how to use dog clippers to give your dog a haircut.
Training a Dog to Enjoy Being Groomed?
You can go a long way to making your dog’s grooming experience pleasant and enjoyable for your dog. We will offer some puppy training tips which should be commenced from the first day you bring your dog or puppy home. Learning how to train your dog to be groomed is just as important as you learning the skill of dog grooming itself. How much easier will it be to have a dog that is trained to enjoy grooming than a dog which wriggles and won’t keep still? Find out more about dog and puppy training techniques which can be applied to training your dog for grooming.
What About General Training?
Not only do we help you with training your puppy to enjoy grooming but we also have some ideas for general dog training and information about the Western Australian “Canine Good Companion” programme.
What are the Best Dog Treats to Help with Dog Training?
Check out these pages:-
- Make your own high value dog treats from our dog treat recipes page;
- Using treats while you learn how to groom your dog;
- How dog treats and dog toys can be used to train your puppy to be well behaved.
Visit our Amazon Store where you can choose from a large range of books and DVD’s on dog breeds and dog grooming as well as dog training; dog grooming supplies; and other gift items. We recommend all dog training books and DVD’s that promote the use positive reinforcement methods and helping the dog to learn in a kind manner.
We invite you to contact us if you have any comments or questions you would like to ask.